Monday, July 2, 2012

I Deal With Things By Talking About The Ways We Deal With Things

(Blog entry started in March, finished today) 


People cope with things in different ways.

There are those who think the best thing to do is change everything all together. Dress differently, talk to different people, go to different places. 

There are those who withdraw themselves from everything they once found interesting. Avoid listening to the music they enjoy, stop recording that show that they faithfully watched.

There are the ones who go through this "It's not real." thing in their heads. 

There are those who revert back to the way it was before it happened. Revisit the idea of God, blogging, volunteering.

I'm not really sure how I deal with change. It depends the situation. But, I noticed that I've allowed my faith to become a fall back when I feel like things are out of my control. It's the rope lowered into the lake that I had so diligently filled to the point of drowning. It's so easy to do. Is it wrong? Not at all. The entire idea of faith is rooted out of salvation. It makes perfect sense. I just long to treat my  faith more like the garden hose that fills my lake of life rather than the rope that saves me from the lake I fill on my own. 

Then, maybe, the need to choose a coping process won't present itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment