Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Polluted Sacrifice

This morning, I read this scripture. Apparently there was a group of people who thought it was okay to give God contaminated food!

What?! Giving God moldy bread?!


Working at a food place it's stressed that we keep our hands clean. If money is touched, a phone or your hair, one must be sure to use the sink before continuing to serve food. It's common courtesy to present someone with clean food.


Malachi 1:7
Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.
They disgraced and dishonored God by handing him that shifty offering. When I read that I remembered what Paul said about presenting ourselves as a living sacrifice unto God. It got me thinking. How pure and untainted has my self sacrifice been to God? Have I truly and wholly given him a clean sacrifice? Or have I acted like those in Malachi who gave God old bread?
Romans 12:1 
 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God's compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you.
I'm going to make a point not to be like those people in Malachi and offer God what he deserves: a true sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment