Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Daddy.....You Were Right

Today is July 6th. It happens to be my father's birthday. I absolutely love my father! It wasn't until this entire Haitian missions trip experience, though, that I started to feel like, "Hey, I wanna be like him when I'm older." I'm not saying he wasn't merited that sediment before hand. He was...I just happened to start feeling this way after I had seen him move his whole family to a third world country with 12 bags of luggage and total and complete faith in God. He literally without a doubt INSPIRES me!

With that said, him and I sometimes get into long and longer discussions about, well, anything and everything. It usually goes something like- I feel like I'm right and he's trying to have me look at something another way, but I'm stubborn and decide to try with all my might to show him that my way is indeed the best. But you know what, I'm only right 5% of the time. And more often than not I end up having to walk up to him, after trying it my way and failing, with my tail behind my legs to utter these words:

"Daddy... you were right".

And he responds, "Yes, and you were..."

After a few minutes of funny faces and thumb twiddling I confess,

"And I was wrong"

Love you daddy! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.....and it's "sentiment", not "sediment", honey. "Sediment" is the dirt at the bottom of the well.

    Love you.

    Oh, and you're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same conversation with my dad pretty often but instead of saying "daddy you were right" its "daddy you are very wise" I had this revelation at about the age of 21 that i made the mistake of telling my dad about. I realized that he isnt as clueless as i once thought. Now oh how he loves to hear me admit that he truely is wise! but I can tell you that those words often taste like vinegar! :) I miss you girly! im enjoying your blog! Tell your family hello for me!

    ReplyDelete