Monday, July 18, 2011

Cookies Came Running Behind Her

She finally ran today- more like walked. I had been pushing my mom to try running with me ever since I started, at the end of my school year. Today she thought she'd give it a try. She descended down our house stairs with her crisp white sneakers on her feet and a sweat rag in her hand. I heard one of the kids say, "Look your mom is coming...and she looks like she's about to run".

With a big grin on her face she skipped over to the field to "run".

She circled the field in a fast pace walk a few times. Her new endeavor attracted a large group of children, a few of which decided to walk with her. I heard them talking behind her as she walked, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Later on, as we sat together at a table we discussed her "first run".

"The kids were listing the foods that Americans eat to make them big." she said to me.

"Chocolate, cookies, cake and hotdogs...and I was like 'Ah, I understand them!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment