Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jump Rope Handles Make Great Microphones!

I was chosen by one of the little boys to sing today. I walked down the stairs from my house and he came running to me saying "Cecilia nou ap chante!!" ( Cecilia we will sing!) He grabbed my hand, took me to a table, handed me the end of a jump rope to use as a microphone and started tapping a beat.

The first song was "Lord I Give You My Heart". We sang in English then in Kreyol. Later on another boy came and harmonized. We made up an amazing trio! We went on to sing "This Is My Daily Bread". Before long, the boy who had joined us started testifying into the end of the jump rope about God and his awesomeness. "Mesi Bondye! Pou tout bagay" (Thank you God for everything!) , he exclaimed as he started our last song.

We finished off with a Haitian song called "The Blood of Jesus". What an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. So funny how the same things I did when I was a little girl are the same in Haiti. I used to be Diana Ross singing into the end of a jump rope ha ha.

    ReplyDelete