Monday, June 6, 2011

Christ sustained all manner of pains

Journal Entry From: February 3rd, 2011
I've been going through some things emotionally, mainly because of hormones. Even so, the sadness that I experience (though it's definitely not depression and it's clearly temporary) seems a bit overwhelming at the time. With that, I found some relief today when I read a story in "Jesus Freak". It was about a man who gave his life for the Truth, like all the other stories in "Jesus Freak" but something stuck out...
Before the man was executed he was asked why he was so "merry" on such an occasion. His response was this:
"Christ sustained all manner of pains and conflicts...facing hell and death for our sins. Through his suffering He freed those who believe in Him from the fear of facing suffering ourselves"
WOWZAH! If I may,
I don't plan on getting executed anytime soon or experiencing great sufferings, I mean my latest "suffering" has been whether or not I'm ready to move out of my parents' house (never know until it's time). I think the lesson in this is that as sons and daughters of Christ we should have the ability to endure. Endure all troubles, all sicknesses, all strife, all neglect, all loneliness, all pain, everything.
Why?
Because Christ bore it all. Period.

1 comment: