Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Look Through My Kaleidoscope!

A journal entry written on November 13th 2010 (the day after my 17th birthday)

I have received many emails from friends and family posing me questions inquiring about my experiences here in Haiti. "Give me your perspective" or "describe a typical day" they say. They are simple inquiries but giving responses proves to be very difficult.

My perspective is like looking through a kaleidoscope- if you try to look through it you'll see something different and if I try to describe it, you probably won't understand. As for describing a typical day, there is no such thing as a typical day. Everyday is different; with lessons to be learned, words to discover and patience to gain. I try to give them a taste of what goes on around here but I never feel quite satisfied with my explanations.

I mean, on my birthday I cried over a mirror (that was given to me as a gift). That is very hard to explain- crying on your birthday.

1 comment: