Thursday, June 9, 2011

Skinnys and Skirts

For those who don't know me well; I love skinny jeans. With skinny jeans come many fun stories (I'll share them in time).

It could be the hottest of all summers and you'll still find me strutting my dark blue denims. You can imagine the "warnings" I received before moving to a country where almost all women wear skirts. I hardly ever put on a skirt; but I hadn't been to Haiti yet so I felt that it was important to listen to all warnings and alerts people would offer me. I made up in my mind that giving up pants wasn't that bad. In the back of my mind I figured I'd "break the chains of bondage" and wear a pair every once in a while.

When gathering my clothes for the trip I packed exactly 1 pair of skinny jeans, wore a pair and brought ALL the skirts I owned (which was about 4 skirts).
In March I went back to the states. When gathering clothes to return to Haiti again I packed 2 more skinnys and 6, yes, 6 skirts (that I had purchased specifically for my return). It's not so much bondage as it is comfortable, because of the heat, to wear skirts. I still slip on my old friends, in fact, just the other day I had on some zebra print skinnys.

No need to "change your ways". Let me inform- if you plan on coming to Haiti- go ahead bring the pants, but you'll find the skirt to be more comfortable.



No comments:

Post a Comment