Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hello Life, You Seem A Little Difficult

A picture I took while walking and thinking.
I've had a monstrous amount of things on my mind lately:

money, college, job, work, skills, school, grades, moving, car insurance, friends......
decisions, morals, values, drinking, smoking, art, voting.....
being an adult, driving, car, tuition, application, relationships, love, independence, boys, plans.....
God, destiny, callings, praying, volunteering, missions, laundry, responsibilities, style, modesty, standards....
fun, entertainment, Facebook, social life, church, and eating.....

Dealing with the combination of all these thoughts has become overwhelming at times (This is why I haven't blogged in a while). Sometimes I am so concerned about everything I start to tear up. I want to have control of everything; yet, at the same time, I don't want to have the responsibility of controlling anything. (These are truly the times I should reach for God.)

I see teens my age goofing off when it comes to school, watching television for hours at a time without a care in the world and doing whatever, whenever; carefree.  I should be proud to say I have a better perspective; a deeper revelation about life, but, in all honestly, I just feel old. There are days I feel OLD. When did all these concerns creep up on me?! Man, they are sneaky. And frustrating. And...(Let's give it to God).

My dad calls it "being mature".

Yet, when you see a group of kids sitting on the side of the road while you're on your way home from a night's work you don't really say, "Hm, they are just immature young people who haven't gotten a grip on responsibility yet." You think, "I must be getting older." proceeded by a bummed look on your face.

BUT, the concerns, struggles and all those things that have me feeling old now, will make me wiser! So for now, I need to keep saying, "Hello Life, you look difficult, but you will also make me wise."


2 comments:

  1. BEEN THERE!!! UR DAD IS RIGHT, MATURE IS THE CORRECT TERM, I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL:) GOD BLESS HUN!!! STAY STRONG ITS ASMIL***

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. So first, get the boys outta yer head. Well, that's just Dad talking. You're doing well. All of this is just all coming at once.

    It will thin out.

    Your life isn't over. You will still have time to hang out and do nothing - occasionally.

    Now, back to work!

    ReplyDelete