Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Not As Easy As It Looks

Day after day some how the clothes become clean , the sink isn't overflowing with dishes and the food isn't, well, burned.

I've learned that it's not magic that makes sure the laundry gets done nor God who empties the sink.

It's mom.

Dishes, laundry, cooking, baths, cleaning and disciplining are some of the tasks my mom completes on a daily basis.

She's been gone for a couple days now so I've been doing some "filling in" so to speak. Yesterday it was my turn to cook lunch. On the menu was rice and beans. The rice came out perfect. The beans, burnt. This morning I was on breakfast duty. The task was to make pancakes. There were a few black ones in the bunch.

I am experiencing so much anticipation for her return tomorrow. A big hug awaits her along with the passing of the baton, also known as "the spatula" ,which she knows how to handle way better than myself! It's so easy to take mom for granted, but right now I appreciate all she does for us!

1 comment:

  1. Love this CeeCee....miss you guys, but all the work you're doing is so awesome

    ReplyDelete