Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Don't Want To Be A Blogger

When you try something new there is always the chance of making a mistake. Whenever you do something there will always be the possibility of making a mistake. Trying to avoid the mistake is difficult and tiring. The mistake will always seem to creep up on you anyway. So what is one to do?

As of last night, I've only written a handful of blog entries but I've already made a few mistakes- telling too much or not explaining well enough. (only I know how many times I've clicked "edit post"). I was about to throw in the towel. I didn't see the value in trying to have people understand me when I know that there will always be those who misinterpret and misjudge. I told my dad,
"I don't want to be a blogger".
He showed me the blogs of those living in Haiti. We read over their experiences and I related completely. They were truthful and honest. They were funny and lighthearted. I realized if I'm going to be a missionary I need to learn how to blog. People need to know what's going on in the missions field. I stood from my chair and said

"I'll know how to blog by the age of 20. I may end up with a few scars, but I'll know how to blog when I'm a missionary."
So, what IS one to do?


Keep blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment