Thursday, September 20, 2012

Brain Washing

There I was in the last class of the day. The room was packed full of people, young and old, of many different backgrounds and beliefs. They all looked a the woman standing in the front with a microphone in her hand. She spoke words of urgency and zeal. She spoke firmly and with purpose.

"We want to brain wash you."

At that very moment I grew distant and skeptical.

"What...what what?! I did not come here to be brain washed! I wanted information, I needed insight. I did NOT come here to become jaded and narrow minded!I refuse to be a part of this craziness, there must be something wrong. Nuhuh!"

I went home and sought God's take on this. it was important to me to hear what He had to say about this. I was growing concerned. I Google searched and flipped through my Bible. He brought me to this scripture:

 "That he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word..." Ephesians 5:26

The teacher wasn't referring to the kind of brainwashing I thought. She wasn't trying to control my thoughts and determine my actions. There was no force she wished to persuade upon me to make me believe a certain way. NO! She was directing us to the washing that can only happen by the Word of God. As I read that scripture over and over the revelation of that particular verse penetrated my thoughts and I experienced a washing of my mind and, let me tell you, it's quite satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment