Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cleaning With Charcoal

We had a few guests over for lunch so we decided to cook over charcoal (sometimes cooking outside is easier, sometimes). This, in turn made the cooking pots very, very black and dirty and it was my day to wash dishes...

I plopped the pot into the water and just as soon as the pot got wet, the water turned a dark grey.
I took a small washing towel to use in place of a sponge.
And began to wipe the pot.
In no time the towel had become as black as charcoal.
My hands were starting to change color as well.
So I stopped washing to pot and rinsed the towel.
I sprinkled some powder detergent on the pot and did some scrubbing.
It makes sense to conclude that the pot, which easily turned everything it touched into "soot central", will never be as clean as it was the day it was made.

Madame Elunes modelling the BLACK soot!
As I struggled with the monster-pot-from-charcoalville I had a thought.

About sin.

Sin, similar to charcoal, is very hard and probably even more frustrating to wash away !

Then I thought, "Oh my God! Jesus' blood must have been so pure, perfect and extremely concentrated to be able to wash ALL of that crap from our pots!"



No comments:

Post a Comment