Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Magic Fruit

The lovely citron tree in our backyard. 
When we first came to the property, earlier this summer, we found a beautiful piece of plant life in the backyard. It was a citron tree. We "ooooed" and "ahhhed' at the glorious greenery. You see, the citron is a  small, round, green or yellow, citrus fruit that has proven to help a body heal at amazingly fast speeds. It has cured: travelers' diarrhea , cold, cough, runny nose, sore throats, dehydration and fevers. These bad boys work so well that they are sold at respectably high prices. So you can imagine our complete joy when we saw that our future residence would be not only our home, but the home of a prized fruit.

Citron fruit
Today I woke up with my head throbbing, a soar throat and a fever. After trying both rest and ibuprofen, my mother decided it was time for me to drink citron juice. She squeezed a handful of these lemon-like fruits into a cup with some sugar, filled it with water and placed it in front of me. I took a sip. I could feel the mixture of sour and sweet (mostly sour) run down my throat. When I finished drinking I went to take another rest. Not even 45 minutes had gone by when my sore throat was no longer sore, my head wasn't throbbing and my fever had lowered.

This, tiny and extremely potent fruit is one fantastic creation of Him! If you ever want to try some for yourself just stop by. Our tree provides an abundance of them.




1 comment:

  1. Could you contact me at katie @ media publishers.com I am intersted in having you guest post

    ReplyDelete